Friday, May 10, 2013

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University: Arizona Style.

Prescott, Arizona---Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University was the second thing I knew about the city called Daytona Beach in Florida. The first was from a Spring Break trip there.  

But living in Daytona you learn what a big deal worldwide that the school is. So, knowing there was always a second campus in a faraway land called Prescott, Arizona, I had to go check it out since it was so close on my route to Sedona.
The campus is small but tucked away in the desert hills, unlike the flat, flat land of Florida. And by the way who ever started the rumor that Kansas is flat? Try bicycling through it one day. You will curse that person. Now Florida, that’s flat. The only thing preventing you from seeing across the state are landfills.

I digress.
The other thing that is strangely different is the lack of airplanes. They have to drive miles away to get to their flight line at the airport. So Daytona…be thankful. Seeing the ERAU logo around was very odd because it seemed out of place. Graduation had happened the week before and the campus was either deserted or the second coming had happened and…ah-oh.

But the book store was open. All I have to say is that the Prescott campus students deserve their own shirts. Since ERAU has gotten so large they do the cookie cutter thing in producing t-shirts with the standard campus free logos.
But there was Hunt Boulevard, named after a great past University president that I recognized.

Riddle, as we call it for short, I have seen your other half and I am not impressed. But I am impressed with one of your graduates that I hope to see in California. So, you did good.
 

Note: Comments are only personal in nature. Do not sic the ERAU public relations police on me I know them and they are ruthless. Oops, there I go again.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Edee, You know one more graduate from Embrey Riddle Prescott. Craig graduated from there in 1985. Laura

    ReplyDelete